Thursday, October 02, 2008

Some Favorite Books of All Time

Here, in no particular order, are some of my favortie books of all time.

The Story of My Life, Helen Keller

Maisie Dobbs (mystery series), Jacqueline Winspear

The Penderwicks / The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, Jeanne Birdsall

Peter and the Starcatchers (series), Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson

A Long Way from Chicago / A Year Down Yonder, Richard Peck

Peace Like a River, Leif Enger (which I found second hand today for $1.00)

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (series), Alexander McCall Smith

Cheaper by the Dozen, Frank b. Gilbreth, Jr.

The Five Love Languages: How to express heartfelt commitment to your mate, Gary Chapman

A Girl Named Zippy (autobiography), Haven Kimmel

Moonraker's Bride, Madeleine Brent

Where the Sidewalk Ends, Shel Silverstein

Gift from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh

The Persian Pickle Club, Sandra Dallas

Sarah: Women of Genesis (series), Orson Scott Card

Anne of Green Gables (series), Lucy Maud Montgomery

A Heart Like His, Virginia Hinkley Pearce

Book of a Thousand Days, Shannon Hale

Austenland, Shannon Hale

Gone With the Wind, Margaret Mitchell

Anne Frank: The diary of a young girl, Anne Frank

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

4 comments:

Suko said...

You know I have to comment on this post, Christie!

We share some of the same favorites:

Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell

Gift From the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Anne Frank: The diary of a young girl, by Anne Frank

Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen

and of course,

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series, by Alexander McCall Smith

Thanks for reminding me about some of these--I should add them to my blogger profile!

Allie's Antics said...

I love many of those books as well. Do you do goodreads? We have got to connect on there. The only one I did not like was the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. Maybe I should give them another try. It was fun seeing you last night. You always make my day brighter!

Flashlight Girl said...

Ah, books. I see many I enjoy on your list, too. I love finding a copy of a favorite for practically nothing! Happy, happy, happy.

Shauna said...

Awesome! I love to reads :) You can find me on goodreads.com