Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Quotes to get you thinking . . .

This morning I was searching for motivational quotes to write on the bottom of the pages of my new food tracking journal. (Those quote can be found on my other blog site: www.losingthelowcarbway.blogspot.com.) But there were lots of fun quotes that made me think. I've decided to post those here.

Let me know what they got you thinking about.



"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are." -- Mary Jean Irion

"Know yourself. Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." -- Ann Landers

"Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." -- James Leo Herlihy

"We are all worms, but I do believe that I am a glowworm." -- Winston Churchill

"Imagination is the highest kite that one can fly." -- Lauren Bacall

"To have more, desire less." -- Table Talk

"Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures." -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice." -- Confucius

"You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing." -- Michael Pritchard

"Feelings are everywhere -- be gentle." -- J. Masai

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Stupidity won't kill you, but it can make you sweat." -- English Proverb

"God gives every bird his worm, but he does not throw it into the nest." -- Swedish Proverb

"If you risk nothing, then you risk everything." -- Geena Davis

"Sometimes you earn more doing the jobs that pay nothing." -- Todd Ruthman

"When a man eats his words, that's recycling." -- Frank A. Clark

"Our prayers are answered not when we are given what we ask, but when we are challenged to be what we can be." -- Morris Alder

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -- Joseph Addison

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see." -- John Burroughs

"I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." -- Carl Sandburg

"Speak the truth, but leave immediately after." -- Slovenian Proverb

"Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods." -- Japanese Proverb

"Simple solutions seldom are." -- Forbes magazine

"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." -- Henry David Thoreau

5 comments:

Flashlight Girl said...

Where do you find all these gems? I am particularly fond of "Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures". I think that pretty much sums up how I stay happy (most of the time). I've written down a few of the others to I can read through them when the need arises. Thank you!

Suko said...

These quotes are amazing! Thanks for the inspiring thoughts, Christie!

Christie said...

I collect quote books. These came from a compilation by Reader's Digest. Most of the quote books I pick up second hand. Someday I'm going to get around to having Angie do them in vinyl so I can put them all over the house. Ah, someday.

Angie said...

It's a good thing you know where I live... and we aren't moving... so I'll wait to here from you! But truly these are good, I can't say that I have used 1 of them... and I have done a lot of quotes in my day! I've been working hard at adding stuff to my "vinyl blog", www.angiesvinylexpressions.blogspot.com Check it out... if you don't already! Also thought you might like a link to my Dad's blog www.tonywegener.blogspot.com he is a serious McCain/Palin fan and echoes some of your same seniments - I like how he writes too... maybe it's just cuz I kindof like him! Thanks for the thoughts - we should swap books sometime!

Angie said...

I have to take that back... he isn't a "serious fan" of McCain's - more like a "serious NOT fan" of Obama!