Tuesday, September 01, 2009

In which I survive hiking the Wellsvilles...

I did it!

This past Saturday Hubby, my friend K'leis and I left before 6 AM to conquer the Wellsville Mountains via Deep Canyon. By the time we turned up 300 North in Mendon and got to the trailhead it was barely light (6:25 AM), but we began our climb anyway.

I took it slow, taking many breaks, but finally reached the summit just before 10 AM. What a rush!

I'll save all the details for my write-up in the Herald Journal on Tuesday, September 15th. (Don't worry if you don't get the paper. I'll post it here shortly after the 15th.)

Whew! I did it. And my newspaper writing stint is all but over. Just in time for my new career as a substitute teacher.

7 comments:

holly said...

Way to go!

Small House said...

WOOT! WOOT! That's quite a hike.

Suko said...

Congratulations, Christie! The photo captures your elation.

Flashlight Girl said...

Good for you! You stuck it out and made your goal. Hope you're still feeling awesome and weren't too stiff later on. Yay for you!!!

Allie's Antics said...

That is totally awesome dude. You are the bomb. You made a goal, and stuck with it. I couldn't be prouder of such a great friend!

PhotoMom said...

Hooray! I LOVE the picture! I am so happy for you! Definately gotta do it myself sometime! YOU GO GIRL!!! Good luck with the subbing!

Janna M said...

Wow! You've inspired me! That sounds so fun and I've always wanted to see what was on the "other side". I think you walked right through/past our property up there too.

Great job!!