Just a quick update of what we've been up to here on Belly Acre Farm.
1. We're officially sick of zucchini. Need some? It's yours!
2. Sweet corn is on and at its prime. Hubby has sold some at work, we've given some away, and most of the family (all but me) have been eating it.
3. I'm doing low-carb (South Beach) again. And it's working. In four weeks I've lost over 6 pounds. For me, that's amazing. And now I know where my near-constant water retention was coming from -- carbs. No carbs, no puffiness. Aaaah! (P.S. I've cheated a time or two, but I'm not going to quit what works.)
4. I'm reading "Build your own web site the right way using HTML and CSS." When I'm finished I'll create a website to market "Don't Let the Stuff You Leave Behind Destroy Your Family," an amazing estate booklet written by Hubby's uncle, Ken Hansen.
5. I've canned 21 pints of baby dill pickles.
6. School started. After the shortest summer on record. (Where DID the time go?!)
7. By this time next week I'll have climbed the Wellsville mountains, or I'll have died trying.
8. Lou is playing competitive soccer.
9. Beans has started ice skating lessons.
10. I've got all my paperwork ready for submitting when I go for my substituting teaching interview with Kelly Education Services on Tuesday next week.