Monday, July 06, 2009

Finally! A little decorating . . .

Those of you who know me very well know that I'm not much of a decorator. We've lived in our new house for over 5 years, and there's nothing hanging on the walls in the front room. Sigh.

But, I did finally get something for the front door entryway.



What do you think? We have a narrow entry hall so I chose a narrow table with a small wire basket. (Inside the basket are two antiqued wall hooks that I'll mount on the studs to the right of the mirror.) I picked up the old beveled mirror mirror at D.I. A neighbor up the street had a branch fall off their corkscrew willow, so I picked up a few branches to add to my umbrella canister. The silk pink apple blossoms tie in with the pink crackley finish on the mirror. Someday (don't hold your breath) I'll get a small quilted runner for the table top and put something artful in the wire basket.

I have to admit that decorating is fun. I'll have to save a bit more money and do it again soon!

3 comments:

Suko said...

It looks nice and the table and mirror will come in handy. I think it's Shaker-esque (I mean that as a compliment).

Allie's Antics said...

I think it looks great. I may slip and call you "Martha" by mistake!

Angie said...

You go girl!!