Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fablehaven Fever . . .

If you were to drop in at our house, you'd probably find a number of us with our noses in a book. A Fablehaven book, to be specific. It started when Beans bought the first book in the series at her school's book fair and had it autographed by the author (Brandon Mull). She loved it! And soon Hubby started reading it. Followed by Loula Belle, myself and then Bug.

When Beans was finished with the first book, she wanted to buy the second one. So I took her shopping and we got it! And the third one too. Ever since then it's been a bit hectic scheduling time with whichever book each of us is currently reading. (I'm ready to start the third one. But Beans took it to school. Probably a good thing, allowing me to actually get something done today.)

Today Loula Belle is ready for book number four. So I bought it! After redeeming my Deseret Book bonus points, I paid a grand total of $1.95. Whee!

If you've yet to read any of these, get started! Our whole family is devouring them.

3 comments:

Flashlight Girl said...

I plan to read books 3 and 4 over the summer break. I actually liked book 2 better than the first. Yay for good family books!

Suko said...

Christie, I'm not familiar with this series but it does sound excellent. Thanks for your review!

CB said...

I think this is the series I want to read with my boys over the summer. I love your review.

I have seen them at the bookstore but never heard anyone really talk about them.

Thanks and have a GREAT day!