Thursday, February 19, 2009

Technology is like the Atonement . . .

A friend e-mailed me to find out why the text on her blog isn't showing up. I offered my best advice and then confessed that I'm not a techno kind of person. I summed up by saying, "For me, technology is kind of like the Atonement. I use it, but I don't completely understand it."

That's going to be my thought for the day. Have you ever met anyone who was investigating the gospel but couldn't make a leap of faith because they had to know and understand everything? That's not faith, but it is an understandable position given the fact-filled world that we live in. We've been raised in the information age, and sometimes that upbringing can make it difficult to find faith. I see it as it relates to my health. I want to know all the whys and what-fors.

I know that Jesus's atonement makes it possible for Him to succor us in our physical afflictions. I don't know exactly how that works, but I've experienced it before. Right now seems like a good time to try using it again. I just need to remind myself that I don't have to know how spiritual healing works in order to use it. Faith means believing and then acting.

That's my goal for today, for forever.

3 comments:

Flashlight Girl said...

Have you noticed that "faith based" blog entries generally don't get many comments unless you're griping about something? Just wanted to say "thank you" for being the kind of "faith based" woman you are.

Allie's Antics said...

I love the comparison. I also loved the personal history! Those pictures were great. Don't you wish we could re-live some of those moments? Great times. I guess we are making more memories by the second.

Leslie said...

Fantastic comparison. I need to send this to some people who are struggling with this. It is so true that the people who search for answers without faith will truly struggle. Thanks for your wise words!