Monday, November 03, 2008

Kick Butt Workout Tunes

Starting this week I'm going to only blog three times a week. I also wanted to add some structure to my posts. You can plan on reading about

Motivation on Mondays

Wellness on Wednesdays

Food on Fridays

Today I'd like to write about what tunes get me motivated, really pump me up when I work out. I have a play list on my i-pod that I call "kick butt." That means that songs are over 110 beats per second and make me want to move.

Here's a list of some of my favorites:

All Fired Up, Pat Benatar
Call Me, Blondie
You Give Love a Bad Name, Bon Jovi
Holding Out for a Hero, Bonnie Tyler
The Cup of Life, Ricky Martin
Kids Wanna Rock, Bryan Adams
Pump up the Jam, Technotronic
Kryptonite, 3 Doors Down
What I Want, Chris Daughtry
Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne
Women, Foreigner
Invincible, Pat Benatar
She is Beautiful, Andrew W.K.
Follow You Home, Nickelback
Another One Bites the Dust, Queen

You can hear the songs by clicking "play" on the link in the left column of this blog. It's under Healthy Housewife's Kick Butt Tracks.

What songs motivate you to move?

----- Menu: Sunday, Nov. 2nd -----

6:30 AM
2 Tbsp. cream cheese fruit dip (8)

7:40 AM
2 eggs fried in bacon fat (1)
1 c. frozen raspberries (6)
1/2 c. 2% milk (6)
packet Splenda

12:40 PM
chicken breast in a bit of Italian cream cheese sauce (3)
12 pistacios (1)
1 c. frozen raspberries (6)
20 almonds (1)
1 pkt. Swiss Miss no-sugar added hot cocoa (9)
green salad with tomatoes, ranch (8)
roast beef

5:00 PM
small gala apple (15)
2 tsp. cream cheese fruit dip (3)
chicken breast in a bit of Italian cream cheese sauce (5)
small serving of noodles with Italian cream cheese sauce (25)
=====

Total Net Carbs: 97

3 comments:

Suko said...

You are so organized on both of your blogs!

The "boom box" on your blog is a great addition--how'd you do that? :)

Christie said...

Suko, if you click on the bottom left-hand corner of the playlist, it will guide you through setting one of your own up. My advice is to listen to a bit of the track before adding it to your list as some aren't the songs I thought they were. Have fun!

Suko said...

Thanks for the directions. I may add a boom box to one of my blogs.