Monday, April 28, 2008

Modest Swimwear

I've been thinking a lot about a recent post by Flashlight Girl. In my comment to her post I stated my desire to purchase a modest tankini, possibly from Land's End. Maybe something like this one. (Click on the shot of the woman with her arms raised in the air. Notice how her belly is still covered. That's my criteria for a modest tankini.)

One part of my comment on Flashlight Girl's post that has caused me to re-think my swimsuit position, was my reference to underwear in a comment that was about swimsuits. I don't know how many times I've been looking through ads with my girls and pointed out that wearing a bikini is like wearing your underwear to the beach. And yet for me, a tankini is less coverage than my underwear. I've often longed for a return to swimsuit styles from the 1920s. (The photo at the start of this blog is from 1918, I believe.) Don't look now, but it's possible to get a modest swimsuit that offers more coverage than your underwear!

Check out this site. Now that is a lot of coverage! Modest, modern, and I'm guessing much more comfortable than what I've been wearing. I'm going to get one!

But I've got to love a few pounds first.

Original Joke by Beans:
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Robin.
Robin who?
Robbin the bank, of course. Shhh. Don't tell.

2 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

I totally know what you mean. I just got a cute one from Khols that is a LONG tankini (my stomach doesn't show when I lift my arms) and has a skirt bottom. I feel like I'll have good coverage!!

Anonymous said...

You can get full cover swimming costumes that are very modest from here:
- modestswimsuits.co.uk