Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mudlucious . . .




This is the first year that we've had bulbs blossom at this house. I love daffodils! Which reminds me of one of my favorite camp songs . . . I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills, I love the fountains, I love the daffodils. . . In addition to daffodils, we have crocus too. They're all lovely harbingers of spring.

Just so you know, last year I mentioned being grateful for daffodils and forsythia bushes on March 27th. Well, it's now towards the end of April and we're barely into the forsythia and daffodils. But hey, it will be worth a delayed warm-up if we can avoid the five or so late frosts like we had last year that caused many a happy gardener to re-plant (ourselves included).

The photos at the beginning of this blog are to demonstrate the fun capabilities of one of my favorite websites. Best part is, it's free. You should see what the kids have done to the faces of friends and family on this site. Actually, I posted the pics that the kids altered of themselves, but they demanded that I take them off. So here's a photo of yours truly:



Now you know why I named my post "mudlucious." Because my name was Mud when the kids saw I posted. (Tee-hee!)

2 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

It's "rocks." I love the rocks. And, I have to say, I used to think your kids were cute . . .

Angie said...

Love it Christie! We will be testing that out soon. Make sure you save those for when your kids are having "really bad hair days" and they think it can't get any worse... That might make them thankful!!