Thursday, June 06, 2013

Paperclip and String Earrings

This is an update on how the paperclip earrings turned out.

They didn't.

I followed the directions -- even super-glued the ends of the unbent paperclips together. But those ends of the paperclip were what ended up being the problem. They didn't stay glued.

Oh, and as I was wrapping the paperclip in the navy blue crochet thread that I'd chosen, I kept thinking to myself. Wow, this is taking forever. This may be a really cheap craft, but my TIME is worth something.

Then, as I was about 2/3 done with wrapping the first paper clip in string, the ends that I'd super-glued together broke, making the string uneven and frustrating me. I admit it, I'm a perfectionist. I thought about finishing the earrings, but that broken superglue bond bugged me. And I didn't see a sure-fire way around it, so I trashed the paperclip earrings.

Based on my progress on the first one, it wasn't going to be something that I wanted to wear, let alone a gift I could give to someone else.


Fortunately, the Asian Chicken Broccoli Slaw turned out much better.

I can't eat broccoli uncooked, so I sauteed the broccoli slaw and sliced green onions prior to adding the sauce. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure that cooking the broccoli slaw made it a little less appealing to my family initially. My husband asked, "What's this?"

That's not really what I like to hear when presenting a new dish to the family.

Fortunately he tried it, liked it, and happily ate it for dinner.

And the recipe isn't lying when it says the sauce is yummy. I loved it!

No comments: