- a chocolate chip smudge on the wall above the cooling rack -- the only trace of the cookies that Beans and Loula Belle made.
- sprinklers in a grain field catching the rays of the setting sun.
- sliding the windows open to let in the fresh breeze; knowing that by morning the house will be crisply cool.
- listening to the jangle of silverware and dishes as Lou unloads the dishwasher.
- hearing the hum of an airplane and wondering if Brad Wursten is up in his stunt plane.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
The Joys of a Summer Evening . . .
at 8:09 PM