Monday, June 15, 2009

Moving at the speed of summer . . .

Let this serve as notice that life is moving at the speed of summer, and chances are that I won't be posting a whole lot while the kids are out of school. Yes, we're busy, but I'm also finding that the kids want to use the computer at the same times I do. And I'd rather have them busy and calm than constantly asking me when I'm going to be off the computer.

Writing the monthly hiking articles for my local newspaper seems to be filling my writing compulsion, leaving less of a drive to blog.

All of which means that blogging is taking a back seat to living. Which is all for the best.

Hope you're enjoying your summer too!

5 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Hah! You'll have to downgrade to FB where you can post snippets about what you are up to and only need 5 minutes of computer time here and there to get your "fix."

Christie said...

Actually, I do Facebook. But like you say, it is a bit of a downgrade from a full-fledged blog. I visit my facebook account less than this blog. Sigh.

Allie's Antics said...

You better keep up the posts! I will be crushed. About Hunger Games... I listened to it from audible. I do know our library has it though. You would love it! I am tempted to do facebook also.... Maybe in the fall!

Flashlight Girl said...

I so relate to the no time to blog! Even though some great bloggable moments are happening, I just don't have the time. I'll just content myself to commenting occasionally. And Facebook? I have decided that it's lame. I rarely if ever check my account. I still want to go on one of your weekend hikes. You need to email me about it.

Suko said...

Christie, I will miss your posts this summer--and your comments! : )