Here are a list of reasons why I'd like to call myself a healthy housewife:
1. I've kept off 20 lbs. of weight loss for over 2 1/2 years.
2. I just recently made a commitment to only buy nutritious foods. I'm doing it for me. I'm doing it for my family.
3. My dieting and exercise efforts don't always result in weight loss. But they do improve my health. I can't control the number on the scale -- only what I put in my mouth and how I move my body.
4. I'm learning to dream simple. My family is my career. My faith is my foundation.
5. At-home moms won't get the respect they deserve until they start respecting themselves. I'm happy with who I am and what I do. If sharing myself helps other women, I'm all for it!
6. Housewife carries cool conotations of cheery, 50s era women with a family-friendly vibe. I'm working on being cheery a bit more.
7. When I'm healthy, I'm happy.