Monday, October 20, 2008

Kung-Fu Dieting

My daughters and I went to see the movie "Kung-Fu Panda" on Saturday. I loved it! Ate it up! Laughed out loud! Even laughed until I cried at one point.

I know, we're a little behind the curve. The movie has been out for a while, but now it's at our community's 'cheap' theater. And I seek for zen peace by saving money. High-yah!

Sorry. The movie is still in my system.

As I recall, when this film first came out, some members of the food police thought it set a bad example for overweight kids. Now that I've seen it, I just want to say two little words to those members of the food police . . .

Lighten Up!

I'd also like to remind myself to lighten up when it comes to dieting. As I've been looking back on my past blog entries, I've realized that they're all pretty serious. But I'm not always a serious person.

That's why I like to drop in at Does This Blog Make Us Look Fat. Greta and Kiki don't take themselves too seriously. They see the humor in the quest to lose weight. I'm hoping to see a bit more of the humor too.

Sure, I'll still be taking my health seriously. I'll still be reading about and trying out methods that seem like they might improve my health and help me lose weight. But in the here and now, I'll also be looking for the lighter side of life and exercising my laughing muscles!

Case in point . . . When I told my husband that we were going to Kung-fu Panda at 4:15, he got a quizzical look on his face and asked, "So will that be supper?"

He thought that 'Kung-fu Panda' was a restaurant. (Tee-hee!) I had a great laugh over that one!

4 comments:

Greta said...

Awwww. Thanks for the linky poo. You inspire ME!

Charlie Hills said...

He was probably just thinking of Kung Fu Panda Express.

Christie said...

Charlie, I think you're onto something. You ought to approach the chain about changing their name. Thanks for the chuckle.

And Greta, I'm probably one of your biggest fans. Someday though, I hope to be one of your fittest fans. Thanks for the encouragement!

Flashlight Girl said...

My family loved the movie, too. I actually thought that it should be required viewing for all dieters. Kung Pow, baby!