Friday, September 19, 2008

Four Hours of Intense Yard Work

I hope I didn't overdo it this morning. As fall is approaching, I wanted to weed my front flower beds and get them ready for winter. I started at 8 AM and finished up around noon.

Remember the wheel-hoe I wrote about a few days ago? Well, I put mine to good use this morning. No wonder those Amish folks are slim -- manual labor is hard work! Sweat dripped from my face, and I got filthy! (So much for my early morning shower. I had to take an afternoon one too.)

Here is a photo of the finished product. In addition to weeding this berm in front of our house, I also raked it. And left no footprints. Zen beauty!


I can tell that I'm getting in better shape and that cutting the carbs is really helping me. Four weeks ago this morning's activity would have sent me to bed for an afternoon nap. But I did it, and I'm still up and functioning! Hooray!

2 comments:

Suko said...

Strenuous gardening is a great way to get your property and self into shape! : )

Flashlight Girl said...

You inspire me! If you need another workout, I know where you can find a large flowerbed or two that needs attention. :)