1. Purchase colorful ties at second hand store, or raid your husband’s closet for reject ties.
2. Cut ties into pieces to wrap around raw eggs.
3. Use larger pieces of cloth to tightly hold tie pieces against the eggs. Secure outside cloth with twisty tie.
4. Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1/4 c. vinegar. Bring eggs to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove pan from heat and run cold water into the pan until the water is cool. Drain eggs.
6. Remove cloth and behold . . . tie-dyed eggs!
Note: Once the eggs are dry, oil them for an extra fancy look.