Thursday, January 11, 2007

Son Applies Science to Home Life

The final coats of paint are done. The plumbing all works. The carpet will come tomorrow, and then our basement will be days away from being done! Whooeee!

Hubby and I were talking about how nice it will be to have more space for things – kids included. They’ll each have their own rooms downstairs. I asked him if he thought that they’ll get along any better once they’re moved into the basement.

Bug heard me and piped up, "I’m sure we’ll get along better, because when molecules have more space to move around in there is less friction."

How is that for applied science? I was so impressed with Bug’s analogy that I wrote to his science teacher to inform her that her lessons were sinking in.

So here’s hoping that our kids are like molecules, and when the basement is being lived in we’ll have less friction between them. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: